It’s almost summer time and you are working hard to get in shape. Happily, your healthy eating habits (not counting Memorial Day weekend) and exercise has begun to pay off. The pounds are dropping and the inches are melting off. However, while you love the new results, you find that you have a new problem, nothing fits! Though this is a “good” problem to have, you still don’t want your clothes drooping and hanging off your new frame. Here are a few tips to help you through the transition, and look great while you are losing weight.
1. Layer – Try adding a jacket, vest, or light knit sweater to your assemble. This changes the focus from your body to the second layer of clothing. You can wear a simple cami or tee underneath.
2. Dresses – Maxi dresses are a great option for the summer! Take advantage. Not only are they cute and colorful, but they are easy on the body. The easy flow of a maxi dress allows for a variation of size, for the body underneath. And best of all, they are comfortable!
3. Clothes with ease – If you purchase items while losing weight, opt for fabrics with some stretch and ease. The stretch and ease of the fabric will adjust to your body, giving you some “give” in the beginning and also maintain its’ shape when you don’t need the extra stretch.
4. Accessories – A dress or blouse a little big? Belt it! This is a great accessory that can take a now-frumpy dress or blouse to chic. You can also use necklaces, earrings, and bracelets to instantly uplift your look.
5. Tailor – If you have the funds, tailor your newly loose items. Whether you need a hem or jacket taken in, a good tailor can save the life of your clothing. It is a perfect option for those items you cherish and do not want to give away. This not only allows you to keep your precious items, but it will now be customized to fit you! If you are anticipating more weight loss, try this option near the end of your weight-loss journey. Tailoring multiple times can become pricey.
6. Bra – As we are losing weight in all the right places, some of us also lose it in our friends up top. It is important to have a good foundation underneath. If you find that you are on the tightest hook and it is still not tight enough, it may be time to get measured. Nordstrom is a great place to go for a fitting. They have specialists for the fittings with a good variety of bra choices and prices.
7. Keep it simple – All in all, it never hurts to keep it simple with your clothing options. Search your closet or stores for classic pieces, with little to no extra detail. Look for simple lines and wardrobe neutral colors such as navy, brown, black, cream, or gray. This will keep your look timeless and allow for tailoring, if necessary.
Again, kudos to you for all the hard work and effort. Cheers!