Let. It. Go.
Yes, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. That one blouse you hang in your closet year after year when spring comes around with hopes that you will wear it. Reality check: You won't. Unless it is a special events garment or a piece with true sentimental value, LET. IT. GO.
Spring puts us in the mood to de-clutter and freshen up our lives including our wardrobe. As I mentioned last week, this process can be very therapeutic. Letting go of the things that no longer work for you allows you to say YES to the things that do. (Hmm this could apply to other areas of our lives, wink)
Before you switch over your spring/summer items into your closet, I want you to run through the checklist below for EACH piece to see if it deserves a spot in your closet this year.
I want you to start this season fresh. No wardrobe clutter baggage this time.
To take it ONE step further, I want to challenge you to let go of FIVE things in your closet. If you run through the checklist, I promise it will make it just a little bit easier to let go.
Wardrobe De-Clutter Checklist
There are a variety of reasons on why some items no longer work for you. Go through each topic below to see if you should keep the item. If one of the below is true, let go of the item.
1. Not your style -- We evolve. We change. We age, gracefully ;) In result, what we like changes. It's okay. What worked at 20 does not work at 40. Let it go.
2. Too dated -- Some trends should be left in their "era". Let it go.
3. Not in good condition -- It's been worn so much that it now has holes. Let it go.
4. Not the right fit - Love it, but it just doesn't fit right. Let it go.
5. You simply didn't like it to begin with - Impulse buy! It was on sale and seemed like a great buy. Only problem, you never wear it. Let it go.
There it is. Run through this checklist and I promise it will help you de-clutter your wardrobe to create fresh space for the things you love.
If you need a little help, don't hesitate to contact us here.
With styles and smiles,